For many years, Florida educators spoke of a need for a professional organization that brings teachers, administrators and ALL of those in the service of education together as a team. As a result, a group of educators and interested supporters created the Professional Educators Network of Florida (PEN).
Our goals are simple:
- Advocating for Increased teacher pay in the state of Florida is top-priority for PEN of Florida.
- Advocate programs to ensure that Florida citizens maintain control of their schools.
- Treating our members as professionals is one of the reasons PEN was founded over 25 years ago.
- Providing our PEN members with career coaching and access to real education attorneys is the gold standard.
- Equipping teachers with the funds, tools and training they need to help them excel in their career has always been at the heart of what we do.
- You won’t see us giving your hard-earned money to political candidates and social agendas in which you may or may not agree. Instead, we give back to you–the teacher. Over the years we have given thousands of dollars in grants and scholarships to classrooms across the state of Florida.
Top-Notch Legal Representation
No other Florida educators’ association matches the protection offered by PEN of Florida. Our Educators Professional Liability Insurance Policy includes up to $2 million in professional liability insurance, as well as extensive employment rights defense insurance. Plus, PEN gives members access to education attorneys at the onset of an issue. If you have job-related legal questions or concerns, click here for more detailed information on topics such as certification, evaluations, employment issues and more.