What do I do if I have a legal issue?
Contact PEN’s legal team if you have a legal issue:
- Document all pertinent facts.
- Write down the time, date, location and names of those present when the problems started and keep track of any developments.
- Don’t sign any written statements about the incident until you speak with someone at the PEN office.
- When you are unclear about what something means, ask for clarification and record the name and job title of the person who helped you.
- When you are unclear about a certain policy, ask for an explanation in writing.
In meetings, take careful notes, list names of those present, record the date and materials given to you and write down who prepared those materials.
*You must be a PEN member prior to the time of the incident in order to be covered by PEN legal coverage.